Zettelkasten Forum

Coming on board!

Hello everyone! :smile:

I've been reading you for almost a year now, and here I am, finally introducing myself! My name is Eva, I am studying applied physics, but I have a pretty wide range of interests - and because of it regular note-taking wasn't able to keep up with my brain. About a year ago I was introduced to the Zettelkasten and it was love on the first zettel! Now I am still trying to figure it out - we keep surprising each other every day :blush:

I hope I will continue to learn and explore secrets and nuances of the Zettelkasten along side you, more experienced Zettlers, and hopefully I will be able to contribute with my personal experiences.

Cheers!

Comments

• Welcome to the forums. Please contribute more of your experiences. We are all here to learn from each other.

I loved your video Understanding Zettelkasten Method: How to make the most out of your slip-box. You have a talent for sharing information in an easily digested way. Bravo!

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com

• Hello and welcome from another beginner :) Yes, great video which has already helped me btw. Lets go!

• Welcome to the board. :)

I am a Zettler

• @ethomasv Yes, welcome from another newbie! This is a great place to meet and share experiences; I've learned so much from people writing here.

• Welcome in the community, and applause for your nice video intro to the method. I always think it's fun to see when people make sense of the Zettelkasten Method with a paper-based slip-box and then transition to digital. From what I gather, it was a similar journey for you.

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• @Will thank you for the compliments! I will definitely share my journey, lots more to come!

@amunicapunica it's great to know you found something valuable in there!

@Sascha , @GeoEng51 I am looking forward to be a part of the discussions here!

@ctietze you are absolutely right! I started with the digital form to be honest, but I just made a tangled mess with it. It's always a good idea to step back and return to basics, nothing can beat paper and pen :D And it really made me think more and dive deeper into the method.