Zettelkasten Forum

A milestone of sorts, what a ride it's been

I've reached a milestone of sorts. 3k zettel. Yes, I think of my zettel as moose—both singular and plural. I don't care what @sfast said in Q&A #6 - Plural of Zettel — Zettelkasten Forum. I'm sticking with the plural zettel. Zettel aren't exactly just notes (notes being the plural of note.)

I have new strategies for searching The Archive for prior zettel to link to new zettel. Surfacing matches have become increasingly difficult as the volume in the herd of zettel has grown, but I've developed a nifty strategy. I'll share soon.

Below is a snapshot of my daily review/spaced repetition worksheet that gets inserted into my journal.
The oldest zettel in my archive is dated 201811081947. Not quite four years ago. What a ride it's been.

Will Simpson
I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
kestrelcreek.com

Comments

• Awesome milestone. My Zettelkasten changed in its behavior right in this note range. So, I am looking forward to:

@Will said:
    I have new strategies for searching The Archive for prior zettel to link to new zettel. Surfacing matches have become increasingly difficult as the volume in the herd of zettel has grown, but I've developed a nifty strategy. I'll share soon.

@Will said:
    Yes, I think of my zettel as moose—both singular and plural. I don't care what @Sascha said in Q&A #6 - Plural of Zettel — Zettelkasten Forum. I'm sticking with the plural zettel. Zettel aren't exactly just notes (notes being the plural of note.)

@Sascha said somewhere:
    [I]t is not dogma. I trust in the natural adoption of those terms. To be honest, I think Zettel will disapear and just note will do it.

Perhaps, I was wrong in the last part. :)

Sidefact: A Zettelkasten Analysis Tool that is not published yet calls the ratio between Zettel and Connection "Connectivity". If you want to go down the rabbit hole you might measure the "median depth of connection" by measuring the median length of trails of connections. :)

I am a Zettler

• @Will, looks like I jumped back into the Forums at just the right time to congratulate you! Looking forward to when my Zettelkasten is as mature as yours!

• Split to discussion to avoid distracting from @Will 's achievement.

I am a Zettler