Zettelkasten Forum

The Archive Has Arrived.

imageThe Archive Has Arrived.

The Zettelkasten note-taking method has made book writing and writing scientific papers easy for hundreds of years already.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Kudos! Will there be a version for Windows?

• Thanks! And sorry, no, not in the foreseeable future, and not written by me :) Maybe one day we can afford to buy ourselves a cage of coding monkeys to do that.

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• Awesome tool!

But I keep nvAlt around to sync my zettels with SimpeNote to be able to edit them on my iPhone.

• Looks interesting.

What is your license policy?

Per user, system, …?

• @ralfw said:
    Awesome tool!

But I keep nvAlt around to sync my zettels with SimpeNote to be able to edit them on my iPhone.

If you you switch to Dropbox or iCloud syncing, you can use 1Writer on your iPhone, which is a much more capable text editor than Simplenote. On the Mac side, you can then either stick with nvALT or upgrade to The Archive.

If you like The Archive's "PrettyFunctional (Basic)" theme, consider upgrading to the "PrettyFunctional (Regular)" theme.

• @xenoamp oh, thanks for pointing out this isn’t stated anywhere: it’s per-user.

@ralfw @Basil’s 1Writer recommendation is a good one, you should give it a try, since it makes you more resilient against Simplenote shutting down one day, for example.

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• On the Mac side, you can then either stick with nvALT or upgrade to The Archive.

:kissing_heart:

I am a Zettler

• I am in the process of switching nvAlt to The Archive on my Mac. I use SimpleNote to edit on Android and to sync from Mac to Android and back. Now looking at DropBox for syncing notes, but is there a good option on the Android side to work from a DropBox folder? I see SimpleNote premium can do it, but am reluctant to go that way if I can avoid it. Would iA Writer on Android be a good solution? Thanks, John