Zettelkasten Forum

First Teaser for the Second Edition of the Zettelkasten Method Book

First Teaser for the Second Edition of the Zettelkasten Method Book

A Zettelkasten is a personal tool for thinking and writing that creates an interconnected web of thought. Its emphasis is on connection and not mere collection of ideas.

Read the full story here

Comments

• The snippet is in English. Does this mean the book itself will be in English?

• Even if you don't change as much as a person, there is the chance that you forget a lot of the foundational knowledge that helps you understand a topic. This especially becomes the case if you read and write on a very diverse set of topics, such that you don't come across the same ideas over and over again by happenstance.

• @Nick said:
    Even if you don't change as much as a person, there is the chance that you forget a lot of the foundational knowledge that helps you understand a topic. This especially becomes the case if you read and write on a very diverse set of topics, such that you don't come across the same ideas over and over again by happenstance.

I have a different experience: The more diverse my readings are the better is my recall.

I am a Zettler

• ... but I have to say that your ability to recall details is uncanny either way, @Sascha :)

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• @Sascha I think it depends on how well you process information. If you highly integrate new information with what you already know, than I could see how it becomes a reinforcing cycle of retrieval cues.

If you don't connect the information that much, than its just in one ear and out the other. I say this because if you read a lot in the same area than you'll repeatedly be exposed to the same terms, which serves as retrieval practice of sorts.