Zettelkasten Forum

Q&A #4 - Are Zettlers Cat People? Why?

Q&A #4 - Are Zettlers Cat People? Why?

Animals, communities, and brain lateralization

Read the full story here

Comments

• I should disclose that I am dog person and the picture selection might be biased..

I am a Zettler

• a quick google search revealed only 1.3% avatar are cat photos in this forum.

my first Zettel uid: 202008120915

• @zk_1000 said:
    a quick google search revealed only 1.3% avatar are cat photos in this forum.

And how many dogs?

I am a Zettler

• edited October 2020

2% are dogs. There's also one gorilla, a duck and a green being among us :)
    Based on 150 samples. I don't know why i can't query the complete dataset.

• Ah, I thought you had the full sample.

I am a Zettler

• edited October 2020

Post edited by zk_1000 on

• I thought this was hilarious. Reason I'm a cat picture is because of the "uploading a file you certify that you have the right to distribute this picture" disclaimer alongside the fact that a lot of my other online accounts are pictures of my dog, lol. So it was just an attempt to mix it up.

• @Nick said:
    I thought this was hilarious. Reason I'm a cat picture is because of the "uploading a file you certify that you have the right to distribute this picture" disclaimer alongside the fact that a lot of my other online accounts are pictures of my dog, lol. So it was just an attempt to mix it up.

Dang. I might be very wrong. But I will never admit it.

I am a Zettler

• I'm definitely a dog person as well, although I don't use any kind of animal as an avatar.

• @Sascha if you really want to start making some spicy claims, you could say all cat people are folgzettel adherents?

• my cat is barking. How do i account for that?

• @Nick said:
    @Sascha if you really want to start making some spicy claims, you could say all cat people are folgzettel adherents?

That would be unfair to the cat people. :smile:

I am a Zettler

• I am changing my profile picture to one of my cats.

GitHub. Erdős #2. CC BY-SA 4.0. Problems worthy of attack / prove their worth by hitting back. -- Piet Hein. Armchair theorists unite, you have nothing to lose but your meetings! --Phil Edwards

• @ZettelDistraction said:
    I am changing my profile picture to one of my cats.

Dang. Can't decide if it looks pissed or naughty. Or some kinky state in between. :sweat_smile:

I am a Zettler

• @Sascha said:

@ZettelDistraction said:
    I am changing my profile picture to one of my cats.

Dang. Can't decide if it looks pissed or naughty. Or some kinky state in between. :sweat_smile:

@Sascha, that cat is my intellectual equal.

GitHub. Erdős #2. CC BY-SA 4.0. Problems worthy of attack / prove their worth by hitting back. -- Piet Hein. Armchair theorists unite, you have nothing to lose but your meetings! --Phil Edwards

• Incidentally, the cat (his name is Little Z) advises me to work on my (weak) German to read your book. He also suggests settling on Zettlr+MikTeX+Pandoc+Zotero+BetterBibTeX, since I'm using Windows 10 (or else I would use The Archive).