Zettelkasten Forum

Create a Zettel with me (Episode-Limited Videocast)

I recorded all the answers to the Q&A. There are some question which I did answer but due to the shortness of the format I am not very happy with them.

So, decided to make some extended videos in form of a live show on YouTube. I will process various texts and sources as if it was my own Zettelkasten. All will be shared via screen sharing. The textfiles will be uploaded to GitHub and publicly available.

If you have any additional ideas how to spice this up let me know.

Post edited by Sascha on

I am a Zettler

Comments

• I am wondering how long each session should be. There are two reasonable possibilities:

1. Shortish sessions (45-60min). I see the smaller chunks as the main benefits.
    2. Longer and more realistic sessions (3-6 hours). I need 10--20 minutes to load to activate my mode. Perhaps, longer if it is in (my bad) English. A more realistic picture is possible. However, not very dense in information I think.

For the topics, I think I will adhere to fields I am familiar with (training, personal development, nutrition, philosophy). The language barriere is already enough.

I think it will feel like a Let's play.

I am a Zettler

• what happened to the 3min. video? :D

If it really takes several hours then how about time lapses? This way you can show the whole process that is not very dense and pause occasionally to comment on the desired outcome of each step, a particular challenge that came up or an outcome which has been achieved.

I am thinking about moderating the recording instead of a life show.

my first Zettel uid: 202008120915

• @zk_1000 said:
    what happened to the 3min. video? :D

There are coming. :)

If it really takes several hours then how about time lapses? This way you can show the whole process that is not very dense and pause occasionally to comment on the desired outcome of each step, a particular challenge that came up or an outcome which has been achieved.

I am thinking about moderating the recording instead of a life show.

This is what Christian already did. He might continue. I plan something more similar Matuschek did.

I am a Zettler

• @Sascha This is just me, but prefer the "short-ish" time periods; I'm just not that likely to sit down to a 2 hour session, no matter how captivating. But if you need more time on a particular topic, can it be subdivided into Part A, Part B, etc., each limited to 30-45 minutes?

I believe the information flow has to be steady and reasonably dense as well. I've listened to some 90 minute podcasts that could have said everything they needed to say in 30 minutes.

• Are you going to demonstrate with a physical Zettelkasten?

• @GeoEng51 said:
    @Sascha This is just me, but prefer the "short-ish" time periods; I'm just not that likely to sit down to a 2 hour session, no matter how captivating. But if you need more time on a particular topic, can it be subdivided into Part A, Part B, etc., each limited to 30-45 minutes?

I believe the information flow has to be steady and reasonably dense as well. I've listened to some 90 minute podcasts that could have said everything they needed to say in 30 minutes.

Then this format will be nothing for you. I think the biggest gap in the online knowledge available is a genuine demonstration with all the wholes etc. It should be a demonstration of how the ZKM is in action. That means not cuts. :)

However, I will talk a lot about topics I think are interesting in itself and it is live. So you can shime in and we have a conversation.

@zettelkastenkampf said:
    Are you going to demonstrate with a physical Zettelkasten?

No. I will use The Archive of course. :)

I am a Zettler

• @zettelkastenkampf said:
    Are you going to demonstrate with a physical Zettelkasten?

No. I will use The Archive of course. :)

Ah, yes, I guess that makes sense heh

• I think the biggest gap in the online knowledge available is a genuine demonstration with all the wholes etc. It should be a demonstration of how the ZKM is in action. That means not cuts. :)

I agree and I do prefer the longer and realistic sessions. Please, go ahead :)

• edited November 2020

Some bullet points to give you a heads up:

• Length: 1-2h
    • Some elements of following along
    • I will work on an English book on the way (to make sure there is no mock processing done)
    • I try to make it similar to a Let's play. I will talk about the matter I am processing.
    • Since it will be live, there is plenty of opportunity for interaction
    • If you have short texts, even aphorisms, I will read and process (within reason)

I will start when the next feature of The Archive is stable.

I am a Zettler