Zettelkasten Forum

Zettelkasten Method Online Video Course Announcement

Zettelkasten Method Online Video Course Announcement

A Zettelkasten is a personal tool for thinking and writing that creates an interconnected web of thought. Its emphasis is on connection and not mere collection of ideas.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Will the course price be a one-time fee; and how will the course differ from the second edition of the book?

• As planned right now:

1. The course will be a one-time fee. It will be updated as we develop new material. We still need to figure out how to inform people who already are through the course on the new material.
    2. In theory, all the material will be provided in both forms but different mediums. In practice, there will be differences between those two sources because of different update schedules.

I am a Zettler

• @Sascha said:
    1. The course will be a one-time fee. It will be updated as we develop new material.

Great! Seems like a reasonable price.

We still need to figure out how to inform people who already are through the course on the new material.

I think that simple e-mail notifications would work.

If I don't misremember the course is in English. Is that true?

• Great! Seems like a reasonable price.

No, it is not a reasonable price. Compared to the alternatives it is a very low price.

I think that simple e-mail notifications would work.

This is only one piece of the puzzle. There edge cases like what if the new segment is not self-contained.

If I don't misremember the course is in English. Is that true?

Yes.

I am a Zettler

• I am so looking forward to this! Any chance it’ll be available before the fall?

• I'm excited about the course announcement!

Please, consider PPP (wikipedia/Purchasing_power_parity) when setting the price for different countries.

• Is the course the best alternative to the Zettelkasten book in English (which does not exist as far as I can tell)?

• @Cedd said:
    Is the course the best alternative to the Zettelkasten book in English (which does not exist as far as I can tell)?

If the English book doesn't exist the course is indeed the best alternative. :trollface:

I am a Zettler

• The page for the online course says it will be available this year. Is that still the case?