Zettelkasten Forum

[Article] Suping Up VS Code as a Markdown Notebook

Hey Zettlers!

I've been lurking here for the last couple of months but just decided to create an account to share something with you! I stumbled upon the zettelkasten method by chance and have been using a lot of different tools to manage my notes before (evernote, nvalt, apple notes, bear, notion and more)

https://kortina.nyc/essays/suping-up-vs-code-as-a-markdown-notebook/

It is an article about using VSCode as Markdown Notebook (or Zettelkasten if you wish) i just found on hackernews.

I am using The Archive myself but always think it's interesting to see different approaches, and the beauty of markdown is, i can even use them simultaneously.

cheers!

Comments

• Thanks for sharing. I tired this Add-On on Windows but unfortunately it didn't work at all. Do you use it on windows? Cheers Philip

• Thanks for this link.
    I am hoping to get a zettelkasten going very soon in Atom or VSCode. This add-on is almost a one-stop resource, except unfortunately it does wiki-style descriptive IDs instead of date-time stamps. There are quite a few timestamp add-ons for VSCode, so maybe a combination of add-ons will do it. Plus I am a coder, so perhaps I will find some time to customize it.