Zettelkasten Forum

Hello from Cologne!

Hello all,

i'd like to introduce myself briefly and maybe find some discussion partners regarding learning; modern life etc.

I am a law student from Cologne, Germany, who has always struggled with organization (time and thoughts). It stresses me out, i start dreaming about it and i focus on the structure of my folders rather than on what i actually want to learn. Thus, the Zettelkasten method almost feels like coming home (^^) because i always had a Zettel here and there, but never using it again and i hate deciding which folder something belongs in.

Also, i am big big collector. I love media and so i keep on doing collages of fotos, screenshots, little videos, articles etc. on my phone (which again, i barely ever look at again). I listen to podcasts i have already heard and seem to escape from the quiet, altough i know that i need it. But over the years, i have lost the abilitiy to just sit and read without being nervous...

All in all, i don't think i will ever give this up totally, my goal is to shift the focus from pure consuming to more productivity. Especially when it comes to politics, philosophy and mindfulness. In the end, i hope to also do something for my health and inner peace through this practice, as crazy as that may sound to some people.

Greetings and i am excited to learn from you all! :)

Comments

• Welcome on board! There've been a couple of comments from other students of the law around here, so I hope y'all figure out how to best get through the exams :)

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• Yes, another student of the law. I hope we can learn from your approach since I think that law has much to gain from the Zettelkasten Method.

I am a Zettler