What are your three main questions regarding the Zettelkasten Method
As I am progressing through the book, I start to collect questions and and look what people liked and disliked in other books. This is the preliminary table of contents of the second edition of my own book.
- Introduction. Knowledge and knowledge work. The Zettelkasten Method as applied theory of knowledge work.
- Foundations. Didactics with One-File-Zettelkasten. Create zettel. Connect Zettel.
- Knowledge Work with your Zettelkasten. Research. Reading. Processing. (14,196 words at the moment. Comparison to the first edition: It was 25000 words total!)
- Improving your Zettel. Writing Zettel well. Giving good titles. Making right tag choices. Connecting done right.
- Advanced Methods. (no good Translation. German: Vertiefungen) Structure and Structure Zettel. Layering. Using Images. Complexity and managing it. Self scaling of the Zettelkasten. Maintenance.
- Yielding hoards. Writing with your Zettelkasten. Using Outlines. How texts emerge from your Zettelkasten. Reverse knowledge flow. Collaborative writing.
- Choosing Software. General thoughts on software and the method. The Archive. Texteditors, Wikis. Bibiography Software. Inboxes.
- The Greater Context. Knowledge work and your daily/weekly schedule. Measuring your knowledge work. The goal of knowledge work. The Zettelkasten and Deep Work. Zettlekasten method for.. personal knowledge work, students, academics, fiction writer.
- Zettelkasten theory. (This could be cut from the final manuscript). Measuring your archive. Collecting data (complexity, connectivity, depth of connection, cardinality.
What is important to you that is not covered (or you want to make sure is covered)? Everything is, of course, relevant for the course, too.
I am a Zettler
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!