Zettelkasten Forum

Structure Notes for books

Thanks so much, @sfast for opening my eyes to the value of structured notes and how to apply it to books. I just finished watching Book workflow, introduction to The Archive, & saved searches • The Archive App Notes and the juice that sparked me starts at 5:24 https://youtu.be/4DIEiIH-N24?t=324.

A question about your process. Do you read the book through first, highlighting and annotating in the book and then essentially reread the book's highlighted passages and annotations creating the zettels? I've been 'reading with a pen in hand and taking rough draft zettels as I go. Circling back to them at day end to finalize them into The Archive.

Will Simpson
I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
kestrelcreek.com

Comments

• Yes. You got my work flow right. Additionally, I write ideas I have in my notebook. This re-reading is part of the barbell method of reading because I do not only aim to let my archive grow. I want myself to grow, too.

I am a Zettler