Zettelkasten Forum

Using Tinderbox for a Zettelkasten

edited April 2023 in Software & Gadgets

For anyone who might be interested, the folks over on the Tinderbox forums are proposing to have a Zoom meeting about using Tinderbox for a Zettelkasten. See: https://forum.eastgate.com/t/tinderbox-meetup-sunday-april-23-2023-what-does-it-mean-to-use-tinderbox-as-a-zettelkasten-tool-or-tool-for-what-ever-method-we-individually-might-use/6599/1.

They have expressed interest in getting contributions from @christian and/or @Sascha if possible.

Cheers,
MBB.

Comments

• I'd be down to do it. They can contact me.

I am a Zettler

• @Sascha said:
    I'd be down to do it. They can contact me.

I design Tinderbox and I’m psyched for this! Sunday, 9AM Eastern/noon Centra/1800 CEST. See here for details.

What’s your email? I’m bernstein@eastgate.com.

• Wow, very much looking forward to this!

• Email sent. :)

I am a Zettler

• edited April 2023

I am a Zettler

• @Sascha I'm sorry I couldn't get to it -- I had a client session booked at the same time. But I've watched the video. Very, very good, and some much-needed clarity (and simplicity) brought to the subject. Thank you.

• @MartinBB said:
    @Sascha ... I've watched the video. Very, very good, and some much-needed clarity (and simplicity) brought to the subject. Thank you.

I agree, this is excellent. Q&A is to the point.

GitHub. Erdős #2. CC BY-SA 4.0. Problems worthy of attack / prove their worth by hitting back. -- Piet Hein. Armchair theorists unite, you have nothing to lose but your meetings! --Phil Edwards

• Thanks for the kind words.

I am a Zettler

• @Sasha I watched this video after-the-fact and must say that you presented the core ideas of Zettelkasten and the act and art of note-taking with a sense of clarity and wonder, a cogent distillation of how and why this approach to note-taking can work for us. I appreciate seeing you just talk about these ideas. I felt a bit like we were attending a university seminar with our favorite professor as we allow our minds to swim along with yours1.

1. Someone was taking notes along the way and viewers could view those notes on the Tinderbox forum↩︎

• @holland You make be blush. :)

I am a Zettler

• It's a good description. That was a tough crowd.

GitHub. Erdős #2. CC BY-SA 4.0. Problems worthy of attack / prove their worth by hitting back. -- Piet Hein. Armchair theorists unite, you have nothing to lose but your meetings! --Phil Edwards