Zettelkasten Forum

If there is one search result

Nice to meet you!

I have a shortcut I would like to know about.
If there is only one search result, the method to move the cursor to it.

I don't want to use the tab key because it takes you here.

I would like to move behind "one".

Comments

• Forgive my ignorance, this might be obvious, and probably would be obvious to anyone who can actually answer the question, but ...

What software is this?

• @tommy said:
    hello RiderOfGiraffes

Hello @tommy

Thank you ... lots of people just assume everyone's using that, but there are other software implementations of the ZK ideals, so it's worth asking to avoid confusion.

Cheers.

• @RiderOfGiraffes

Thank you kindly.

• edited June 2022

@tommy
    My own experimentation reveals that The Archive actually moves your cursor to the last place it was in the document.

It seems that the issue is that one result searches are automatically selected— I have tried to bypass it by clicking off the note, then clicking on it again (also shown in video). Slow, admittedly, but useful if you really needed it.

• What @Warhead demonstrates is the intended behavior when you enable "Highlight search terms in the editor" from the "Edit" menu:

Can you try if tab behaves differently when you toggle this?

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• @Warhead

Thanks for the video.
    It would be smooth if it could be operated only with the keyboard.

@Warhead said:
    @tommy
    My own experimentation reveals that The Archive actually moves your cursor to the last place it was in the document.

It seems that the issue is that one result searches are automatically selected— I have tried to bypass it by clicking off the note, then clicking on it again (also shown in video). Slow, admittedly, but useful if you really needed it.