Zettelkasten Forum

No, I Do Not Underestimate the Power of the Dark Folgezettel – I Embrace Its Source of Power

imageNo, I Do Not Underestimate the Power of the Dark Folgezettel – I Embrace Its Source of Power

Let's see what real links and their contexts in my Zettelkasten look like, and how they hold up compared to Folgezettel. All examples are direct translations from my own Zettelkasten.

Read the full story here

Comments

• edited February 2022

Useful discussion; thank you. I can see how describing the relationship between zettels enriches the use of links. We can quickly decide if a particular link is one we want to follow for a particular path we are following through our ZK, or not. It comes back to the statement that we are connecting knowledge and not notes - there must be a reason for making the connection and we need to document it clearly.

I am going to wander through my own ZK and see how well I have followed this principle in the past :blush:

• On the condition of the reliability of the epistemic tools, the following is true.

Hi @Sasha, what do you mean by "epistemic tools"?

Zettelkasten is love. Zettelkasten is life.

• A real world example would be a microscope. Imagine you being a person from ancient rome and somebody showed you a microscope saying that those little bubble-things are something called red blood cells. You'd call im crazy.

Epistemic tools, as I use the term, are enhancing perception (empirical) and reasoning (rational).

Statistics would be a more abstract epistemic tool.

I am a Zettler