Zettelkasten Forum

Is anyone using their Zettelkasten with the goal to publish written work (articles, books, etc.)?

Following on from Sascha's post on measuring what you want to achieve with your Zettelkasten (https://zettelkasten.de/posts/measure-your-goals/).

Is anyone aiming to use their Zettelkasten with the goal of publishing written work such as blog posts, articles, or books?

If so, how has your progress been going?

Have you found a difference in output after starting using the Zettelkasten method?

Comments

• My goal doesn't involve publishing anything, so I cannot answer those questions. I do want to ask: Why are you asking this?

• Is anyone aiming to use their Zettelkasten with the goal of publishing written work such as blog posts, articles, or books?

Yes.

If so, how has your progress been going?
    Have you found a difference in output after starting using the Zettelkasten method?

It really depends on how you tackle the process. The Zettelkasten Method removes a number of concerns and allows you to focus on organic growth of the text structure and the individual idea that becomes of the text you are writing.

But you still have to actually create a text and move in that direction. Imagine you write a fantasy novel. Using the Zettelkasten Method, you might even more be tempted to lose yourself in the world building aspect if that is one of your quirks.

So, my output increased substantially for a while and then tapered of because I didn't focus on publishing.

I am a Zettler