Zettelkasten Forum

[BUG] Editor window not wrapping text (once layout breaks)

edited November 2021 in The Archive

v1.7.4 (199)

When the editor window is less than the width specified in the preferences, the text does not wrap appropriately. The is no horizontal scroll bar in this condition. My mouse does horizontal scrolling so I can demo the problem easier.

This is a pain, especially in the two window mode on the laptop. I looked to see is if I could find where to turn on and off wrapping but no luck. Maybe I've missed this setting.

Not a problem in Version 1.7.3 (197)

Post edited by ctietze on

Will Simpson
I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
kestrelcreek.com

Comments

• edited November 2021

Oh no!
    I need to revise this bug report. This afternoon I sat with my laptop and notes wrapped to the size of the editor window with no problem. This is one of those problems that will be hard to duplicate.

Seem better for the moment. But I've experienced this at least once before since the upgrade to v1.7.4 (199). Now that I'm sensitized to the bug, I'll keep my eyes on it.

I've tried restarting the app - no effect.
    I've reset the Line Width back to 86 where I had it when the wrapping failed - no effect.
    Restarted Mac - no effect.

None of these reproduced the lack of horizontal wrapping.

Even went back to the same file as above and now it is word-wrapped to the editor window as expected.

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com

• Thanks for bringing this up!

I believe this generally happens when something breaks in the layout engine. A lot of things still work, but re-flowing of text is not a part of that.

Layout-breaking issues used to be more common in the early versions of the app, e.g. I had a bug where things would break after trying to outdent the last line in the note. These are generally pretty hard to reproduce for users, though, and don't crash the whole app. I'm looking for ways to take care of logging/reporting these.

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/