Zettelkasten Forum

Books and Sascha?

I was looking around in the forum and the blog to find book recommendations about the ZK method. There was an article from "Christian" about a manuscript from "Sascha" but no reference to a book.

Which books would you recommend?

And is "Sascha's book published"?

Maybe there should be a FAQ section somewhere collecting info ressources like books and videos?

Comments

• edited September 2021

Ah the title is in German.

Fast, Sascha (2015): Die Zettelkastenmethode. Kontrolliere dein Wissen. Bielefeld: Sascha Fast.

But this looks like the first edition. "Christian" mentionted a second edition. Is there something younger? The bad A* doesn't offer it.

And it is not available via lesen.de or buecher.de. Isn't it available from a more ethically acceptable "shop"?

• Wait for the second edition!

And it is not available via lesen.de or buecher.de. Isn't it available from a more ethically acceptable "shop"?

Probably not. The book on demand printing by Amazon is way superior to the others. But it comes with the caveat that it is available on Amazon only.

I am a Zettler

• Thanks for the reply.

@Sascha said:
    Probably not. The book on demand printing by Amazon
    is way superior to the others. But it comes with the caveat

But on-demand-printing is offered by other publishers also. I have no way to buy it because I do not have an A account. And I won't create one. And I can not sleep well givin A my money.

• Any publisher is inferior to what Amazon is offering. I had one German publisher as a candidate but they also failed my test.

Then you might ask a friend or forfeit the reading opportunity.

I am a Zettler

• @Sascha said:
    Any publisher is inferior to what Amazon is offering. I had one German publisher as a candidate but they also failed my test.

Then you might ask a friend or forfeit the reading opportunity.

You can easily cross pub the book through another on-demand platform like Lulu to give options to people who (rightly) don't want to support Amazon. I did exactly that, and it works great. When promoting the book, I told people to buy it from Lulu, but review on Amazon, since there's a first place people will often look.

• edited October 2021

This video disqualified lulu right away for me.

You can easily cross pub the book through another on-demand platform like Lulu to give options to people who (rightly) don't want to support Amazon.

1. I will only maintain on channel of publishing. It may change when I start to employ or contract other people.
    2. If people want to boycott Amazon more power to them. I don't.

I am a Zettler

• interesting. i also use the wrong cover for the books i am reading... :wink:

my first Zettel uid: 202008120915

1. If people want to boycott Amazon more power to them. I don't.

Totally get it. If you don't have a vested interest in providing an alternative to people who don't want to support Amazon, then there's no reason to do the extra work to do so. As it does require a few extra steps, and sometimes a little more headache.

For those of us who do want to provide that option, however, Lulu can work well (I've had no problems). There are others as well. Also, same caveat as above. Lil extra work, maybe an extra headache or two.

• If you don't have a vested interest in providing an alternative to people who don't want to support Amazon, then there's no reason to do the extra work to do so.

It is not purely some extra work. As stated, I deem the other offerings inferior to Amazons offering based on my last research.

I am a Zettler

• I deem the other offerings inferior to Amazons offering based on my last research.

Yup, they are inferior. 🤷🏻‍♂️