Zettelkasten Forum

Created a macOS Navbar plugin for Zettelkasten purpose & Greetings

Hello everyone,

Recently I was playing with xbar for Mac and I immediately saw the benefits I could have with this app.
For context, xbar is an app that allow you to add some extra content (plugins) to your navbar (and you can create your own plugins).

I created 3 plugins, one for ynab, one for my config files and one for my Zettelkasten.

https://github.com/danymat/personal-xbar-plugins

The Zettelkasten plugin (called vault_counter) allows you to see the number of markdown notes in your folder. It allows you to see all your TODOS created in your file.
The syntax myst be:

%%TODO: some todo%%

If you use an other commenting delimiter instead of %, tell me so that I can update my plugin.

This is my first post in this forum, I wanted to have a first post contributing to the community.

I'm currently in a cyber security engineering school in France, and I started the ZK 2 month ago. In my ZK have contents about sleep, geopolitics, magic, Zettelkasten, Data anonymisation and philosophy with about 300 notes. I look forward to watching the online course, and to be part of this great community who values the exchange of information in an elegant approach.

Bien cordialement!

Comments

• @danymat

Welcome to the forum!

• Welcome, @danymat! For Markdown notes, the HTML comment syntax usually is compatible (as it would be skipped when rendering to HTML or PDF)

<!-- Comment -->

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• @ctietze said:
    Welcome, @danymat! For Markdown notes, the HTML comment syntax usually is compatible (as it would be skipped when rendering to HTML or PDF)

<!-- Comment -->

I just updated the script to allow this comment format. I followed the convention:
    <!--TODO this is a todo--> which is a TODO format used by @Sascha.
    Tell me if it's working

Cheers, Daniel

• Welcome to the forums, @danymat! Looks like an interesting little project. Thanks for your contribution.

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com