Zettelkasten Forum

Cool Idea of a Journal Format

Comments

• edited February 12

Thanks for the recommendation. I really like the simplicity of this workflow :-)

I think the video's workflow can easily be adapted to a digital journal (even a digital journal within a Zettelkasten). But, doing this has some costs:

• On the one hand, we lose the ease of being able to draw whatever we want/need.

• On the other hand, writing in a physical journal can be more convenient in many situations, e.g. writing your journal before going to sleep.

• I kept a Bullet Journal for a few years - this is very similar. I liked keeping a paper Bullet journal but eventually migrated to digital, using NotePlan. One area that is worth including that wasn't specifically mentioned is to write down one thing you are grateful for each day.

• @GeoEng51 said:
    (...) One area that is worth including that wasn't specifically mentioned is to write down one thing you are grateful for each day.

I like this to be a communal thing. To me, this elevates the experience to a great extend.

I am a Zettler

• @Sascha said:

@GeoEng51 said:
    (...) One area that is worth including that wasn't specifically mentioned is to write down one thing you are grateful for each day.

I like this to be a communal thing. To me, this elevates the experience to a great extend.

Yes, I agree. My oldest daughter gets her family together before bed and they go around the circle, from youngest to oldest, sharing their favourite part of the day and something they are grateful for. It creates a good feeling amongst the group.