Share with us what is happening in your ZK this week. January 8, 2024
This is about you! 🏼
Swimming with Ideas
This is another installment of the What Are You Working On? thread. Please be courageous and add to this thread by telling us what is happening in and around your ZK journey. Join the community and enlighten us about your knowledge path trajectory. I do this for selfish reasons. It helps me clarify my goals and visualize my thinking. And sometimes, a conversation sparks an idea worth exploring. This is an invitation to you to up your participation in the discussion.
Ideas I'm exploring with my ZK:
- EDCI445 Young Adult Literature is about to start.
- I'm studying techniques for capturing "Idea Flurries."
Reviewing 2023 and setting intentions for 2024.
I'm trying hard to slow down to interrogate and chew my thinking thoroughly. He/She who dies with the most notes doesn't win. The goal is a rich and fulfilling life.
- “It matters less what you read,” he told me, emphasizing each word, “than how you take notes.” - from Rank and File — Real Life by Robert Minto Referenced to me from On a failed Zettelkasten by Robert Minto — Zettelkasten Forum three years ago.
- Zettelkasting randomness and disorder, and how it is surprising that these lead to knowledge.
Things I'm reading:
- Parrish, Shane. Clear thinking: turning ordinary moments into extraordinary results. 2023.
- Garmus, Bonnie. Lessons in chemistry. 2022.
- Tucci, Stanley. Taste: my life through food. 2021.
Music I'm listening to:
The "My rolling ten-day zettel production" is produced by a script for attachment to my daily journaling template. I do my journaling in Bear to keep personal journaling separate from my knowledge work.
Let me know if you would like to discuss any of these notes.
My ten day zettel production
I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.