Zettelkasten Forum

Share with us what is happening in your ZK this week. November 8, 2023

edited November 2023 in Your Current Projects

Swimming with Ideas

Another installment of the What Are You Working On? thread. Add to this thread by telling us what is happening in and around your ZK journey. Join the community and enlighten us about your knowledge path trajectory. I do this for selfish reasons. It helps me clarify my goals and visualize my thinking. And sometimes, a conversation sparks an idea worth exploring.

Ideas I'm exploring with my ZK:

• Training for my Centenarian Decathlon
  • I'm interested in adopting a "gradient descent" approach to help me systematically identify and explore the most relevant aspects of an idea's structure.
  • I'm refactoring my ZK Dashboard and the Python programs that create it.
  • My class on Atmosphere Science is getting interesting as it comes to an end in a few weeks. I'm concentrating on the final project: a state application for a prescribed burn.
  • Today (November 8, 2023) is the 5th anniversary of my ZK with The Archive.

Things I'm reading:

• Attia, Peter and Gifford, Bill. Outlive: the science & art of longevity. 2023.
  • Calvino, Italo. The road to San Giovanni. 1994.
  • Cowen, Tyler. GOAT: Who is the Greatest Economist of all Time and Why Does it Matter?. 2023.

Music I'm listening to:

Jeff Oster
Lissie
SUSS

★★★★★

The "My rolling ten-day zettel production" is produced by a script for attachment to my daily journaling template. I do my journaling in Bear to keep personal journaling separate from my knowledge work.

Let me know if you would like to discuss any of these notes.

My ten day zettelproduction

Will Simpson
I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
kestrelcreek.com

Comments

• @Will
    Cowen, Tyler. GOAT: Who is the Greatest Economist of all Time and Why Does it Matter?. 2023.

Is this book good?

I am a Zettler

• @Sascha,

Yes.

tldr,
    I admire Tyler's exceptional ability to express his knowledge and opinions. He is uniquely qualified to write about the history of economics, which he approaches in this book by looking at the biographies of great economists. I have just started reading the book, and I am currently at 5%, according to my Kindle. So far, I have learned about Milton Friedman, the first candidate for the greatest economist of all time. Tyler's writing style is friendly and conversational as he experiments with a new technique for the future of the book.

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com

• Many thanks.

I am a Zettler