Zettelkasten Forum

Hello from Greece dear Zettlers

Hello,

My name is Kostas and I am 42 years old, having a wonderful family and for the last 20 years I have worked as a computer system and network engineer.

Two years ago I was hired by an international company and changed my career path, so I am currently working as DevOps. After this change, I noticed that I had some knowledge gaps I wanted to fill and some skills I wanted to improve.

I read technical documentation and watch online courses or webinars about technologies that were not my area of expertise, practices that are mostly in the software engineering world, new network or security concepts, and other stuff related to the so called "soft skills", such as How to Write Technical Documentation, How to become Persuasive, Give successful presentation, foreign languages. And on top of that I have lots of family concerns such as, family psychology, recurring tasks, hobbies and other.

For all the above, my brain cannot keep everything and thus the search some months ago brought me in front of some new to me methods, like zettelkasten, BASB, How to Take Smart Notes and lots of software. But to be honest, I haven't found my own workflow yet, what system to follow and what software to combine. I hope "building-a-second-brain-and-zettelkasten" will be something I could use for tasks and knowledge, but we'll see :smile:

I read so many great forum posts here and shared workflows, I watch your great videos in youtube and I try to adjust my workflow when I see something that could make it better.

I'm glad that I join zettelkasten.de forums :smiley:

Comments

• I read so many great forum posts here and shared workflows, I watch your great videos in youtube and I try to adjust my workflow when I see something that could make it better.

Welcome! As a recent member myself, I am happy to be here and learn more about zettelkasten. The wealth of wisdom and knowledge shared here is truly unique!

• @tsimouha Welcome to the forum. You will find the Zettelkasten world is full of ideas and different ways of approaching your knowledge management. That is one of its strengths - there are varying methods and approaches to suit almost anyone's workflow. But you have to experiment and try different things out, to see what fits for you.

• Welcome to the forums! :)

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• Welcome, my Greek brother. Make sure to share both the results and the process of your thinking and development of your system! This forum is by far the best place in the WWW to get feedback.

I am a Zettler