What ideas you're grappling with? August 7, 2023
Swimming with Ideas
Another installment of the What Are You Working On? thread.
Add to this thread by telling us what is happening in and around your ZK journey. Join the community and enlighten us about your knowledge path trajectory. I do this for selfish reasons. It helps me clarify my goals and visualize my thinking. And sometimes, a conversation sparks an idea worth exploring.
Things I'm reading:
- Wolf, Maryanne. Proust and the squid: the story and science of the reading brain. 2010.
- Benedict, Marie, and Murray, Victoria Christopher. The Personal Librarian. 2021.
- zkdictionary.py - I'm striving for a fast, efficient way to store key characteristics of my ZK in a dictionary that can be easily and efficiently queried.
- I've started to look at creating a modified-over-created note trend to track my rework ratio over new work in my ZK.
Music I'm listening to:
- Jon Kennedy
- Alex Cortiz
- Parra for Cuva
- and stuff of that vibe
Things I'm writing about:
- Richard Feynman and developing the cognitive skill of curiosity.
- Ivan Illiah and the second-order consequences of modernity.
Ideas I'm studying:
- Attentions role in experience.
The "My rolling ten-day zettel production" is produced by a script for attachment to my daily journaling template. I do my journaling in Bear to keep personal journaling separate from my knowledge work.
My rolling ten-day zettel production
I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.