Zettelkasten Forum

Hello from Uruguay

My name is Paribanú Freitas. I am a psychologist and university professor in my country, Uruguay. I am currently doing my doctoral thesis in "social studies" and I came to the zettelkasten method by different youtube content creators.

Through my work I have always been interested in the worlds of productivity and the articulation between educational processes and difficult resources of intellectual work. In fact, a few years ago I have been blogging on this last subject, although I do not publish very much on it: www.tdg.hypotheses.org .

Clearly for those of us who are knowledge workers at different levels (and especially if that knowledge is academic knowledge) I believe the zettelkasten method is really essential and definitive. Luhmann's productivity clearly demonstrates it and I do not understand how the teaching of the method in depth and in a practical way is not part of the educational grids at the university level.

Currently, along with researching and implementing the method in order to support my doctoral research, I am thinking of opening an extracurricular and open course at my university on digital tools for intellectual work, study and writing techniques, time organization resources and other skills and technologies to be "taught" by Twitch. There are already many students who have shown interest in the proposal and I love that it's on Twitch since I think I'm a bit of a geek despite my age.

Finally, this semester I have also created a discord community (in Spanish) for postgraduate students from Latin America. If anyone is interested, I leave the link in case it works: https://discord.gg/c7CX6TVExH

I'm glad I found this community and I'll be participating in it frequently for sure. Thank you so much!

Comments

• Welcome to the community @paribanufreitas. Like you, I think we need to center and teach more of these techniques in schools at all levels. I look forward to more of your thoughts.

website | digital slipbox 🗃️🖋️

No piece of information is superior to any other. Power lies in having them all on file and then finding the connections. There are always connections; you have only to want to find them. —Umberto Eco

• @paribanufreitas

Welcome to the forum and the world of Zettelkasten. There is a lot of good information here, in the "Getting Started" articles and by searching the forum. I hope you find it to be both enjoyable and enlightening.

• Thank you very much @chrisaldrich and @GeoEng51 much for the welcome.

@GeoEng51 I agree with you. I am reading orderly the blog and is of very good quality.

Regarding what you say @chrisaldrich , I completely agree. I consider that the approach of universities (and previous educational cycles) in terms of basic transversal academic competences such as task management, projects, note taking, document and file management, study strategies and writing skills is extremely precarious; transferring to the good (or bad) fortune of the students to come across or not with spaces that train them in such elementary principles. And clearly, it is not a budget problem, since speaking with colleagues from different countries (from many more economically developed in mine, to much less developed as well) the lack of responses to the issue is shared.

Thank you again for your warm welcome and we will be reading each other in the forum.

• Welcome to the forums!

Luhmann's productivity clearly demonstrates it and I do not understand how the teaching of the method in depth and in a practical way is not part of the educational grids at the university level.

I guess Luhmann being a workaholic has something to do with this as well. :)

I am a Zettler