Zettelkasten Forum

BETA: Combining Building a Second Brain and the Zettelkasten Method

Hi Zettlers,

the next article will cover how to combine BASB and the Zettelkasten Method. It is a longer article that took quite some work, So I'd like to publish it as beta first.

If you like to take a first look, give me some feedback, and find a typo or two, please request the link and I'll send you the link to a google-doc.

Live long and prosper
Sascha

I am a Zettler

Comments

• @Sascha, I'll read the beta version of your article, provide feedback and look for typos.

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com

• I'm game @Sascha.

website | digital slipbox 🗃️🖋️

No piece of information is superior to any other. Power lies in having them all on file and then finding the connections. There are always connections; you have only to want to find them. —Umberto Eco

• Why, on page 24 of my US Kindle edition of the BASB book, does Tiago say that an argument is not a discrete knowledge building block (hence, not a candidate for being a note) but "a bullet-point list of your meandering thoughts on a topic" is?

An argument is a highly-structured coherent list. What disqualifies it?

I ask this because it's hard for me to say much about BASB as a notemaking method when I can't comprehend its notion of a note.

(I would make each proposition in an argument a distinct note, and I would make each thought in a meandering list a distinct note as well.)

• @Sascha Count me in!

• I'd love to contribute if you still need some other POV.

Selen. Psychology freak. https://twitter.com/neuro__flow

“You cannot buy the revolution. You cannot make the revolution. You can only be the revolution. It is in your spirit, or it is nowhere.”

― Ursula K. Le Guin

• I am skimming the comments (my wife sleeps with my daughter, so she can't make me not work on Sundays. :) )

Many thanks already! Your comments are pure gold.

I am a Zettler