Mapping the Zettelkasten on to a digital system
Hi I am relatively new to this subject and thought that it would be wise to debug my thinking before progressing too far. I am having difficulty with topics and connected zettels......
From what I have read the Luhmann system:
- Identifies zettels with a unique id, and
- On inserting a new zettel to an already existing topic, the zettel is allocated a unique id chained to that zettel 'string', or
- On inserting a new zettel for a new topic, the next top level id in the sequence is allocated;
- Each zettel is given one or two keywords, which are closely tailored to that individual zettel;
- If a zettel has connections to a zettel in another topic is directly references that topic.
If the above is mapped onto a digital zettelkasten, then:
- The unique id becomes, say YYYY-MM-DD-HHmm
- The link to an already existing topic is a wikilink
- The direct link to another zettel is a wikilink
- The keywords are tags
My question: assuming the above is correct, then what means within a digital zettelkasten is typically used to assign topics to the top level zettels? As keywords are tightly tailored and the top level topics must be broad by their nature, so using tags for both would be confusing.
Thanks for feedback
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!