Zettelkasten Forum

Hi, from an educational publisher in Australia

Hi to all, I'm Ellane, an educational publisher from north of Sydney, Australia (www.eandrpublications.com.au). I've been a note taking nerd since I was old enough to hold a pen, and in recent years I've been on a delightful journey into the world of plain text and markdown. I cycle through plain text editors according to what I want to get done, or just on which one I feeling like using on any particular day. Finding and trying out new plain text editors is one of my favourite ways to procrastinate.

I use proprietary software for text manipulation out of necessity, but the drafts are all .txt these days. Too much information lost in the past due to dead apps that took prisoners and not only threw away the key and even in some cases destroyed the prison.

Main Mac apps:

• Proprietary: Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo, InDesign (soon to be Affinity Publisher), PDF Expert, Astropad
  • Plain Text: nvALT, The Archive, Byword, Typora, SwiftoDo Desktop

Main iOS apps:

• Proprietary: PDF Expert, Affinity Photo, Notability, Bear, MindNode, Concepts, Astropad, FastMail (stores notes)
  • Plain Text: Drafts, SwiftoDo, Editorial, iA Writer, 1Writer, Nebo (changes handwriting into plain text)

Those who discover the meaning of life find that it is written in plain text.

They might not need me; but they might. I'll let my head be just in sight; a smile as small as mine might be precisely their necessity. ~ Emily Dickinson

Comments