Share ZKM your ZK plans for 20 Mar - 26 Mar? What were your successes from last week?
DON'T BE SHY!
2022 Week 12
- Onboarding and refactoring "Paul, Annie Murphy. The Extended Mind: The Power of Thinking Outside the Brain. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2021." My experience working in my ZK with the notes from reading Annie Paul's book was basso-profundo. The ideas resonated, and it was easy to rewrite the highlights with my understanding and find relevant links to what was already in my ZK.
- Reading "Effective Notetaking by Fiona McPherson."
- More reading and onboarding "Effective Notetaking by Fiona McPherson."
- I'm most excited about the development of a proximity search tool! While refactoring and deep linking "The Extended Mind," the near_search.py proved itself. It quickly surfaced surprisingly relevant link candidates that would have taken lots of time and frustration to find.
- I want to start on a short video presentation on using citations with The Archive integrating Zotero and Pandoc for perfect Markdown to PDF or Word documents. You can easily cite using any style (CMOS, MLA, APA, IEEE, or whatever) and have the final document outputted in any format you need.
Trivia. These are the last ten notes I've created. Show me yours!
- PKMs Lack Tactile Knowledge  - Successful knowledge creation is partly tactual and partly mental. - ZK Proximity Search  - Attention Drainage Effect  - Awareness Of The Inner State Of The Body  - Stories solidify information  - We put ourselves in the heat of the battle. Story conflicts are our conflicts. - The Act of Note Making  - Cycle Social Engagement and Withdrawal  - Intermittent collaboration with deep thinking is the best. - Types Of Movement That Extend Thinking  - Move your body to move thinking. - Nine Extra-neural Ideas for Extending Thought  - What is Gazed at Indicates Expertise 
Post edited by Will on
“Read Poetry, Listen to Good Music, and Get Exercise”
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!