Zettelkasten Forum

TaskPaper - Tips, Tricks, Workflows etc.

edited March 2022 in Software & Gadgets

Just want to have a place in which to collect all the little nuggets regarding TaskPaper.

I will maintain a TOC in the first post.

Table of Contents

Post edited by Sascha on

I am a Zettler

Comments

• I set the font of the “note”-type to a monospace font. Then I can make aligned tables happen:

I am a Zettler

• TaskPaper 3 is currently available at a heavy discount at https://bundlehunt.com

Possibly also interesting for BBEdit users: I‘ve written a little language module for BBEdit which provides color highlighting for projects, tags and notes, and allows for folding of projects with multiple tasks. An outline of all project headings is also available via BBEdit's function popup menu.

https://code.google.com/archive/p/taskpaper-bbedit/

It‘s not been updated for a long time but I think it still works.

• I am switching to Things 3. I succumbed to the temptation of a ready to use solution instead of keeping it real by sticking to the plaintext-compatible nerdtastic even in my task management.

Just so you know that I will use this evil power for good. What could ever happen if you use evil means to produce good results? :)

I am a Zettler

• @Sascha said:
    Just so you know that I will use this evil power for good. What could ever happen if you use evil means to produce good results? :)

Haha! As we all know, the tool doesn't have any inherent evil or good built in - it is how the user wields the tool and with what purpose, that yields the result. I believe that you will use the tool for good, whatever you do :smile:

• edited December 2022

As we all know, the tool doesn't have any inherent evil or good built in - it is how the user wields the tool and with what purpose, that yields the result.

Tell that poor lad Isildur or Boromir. :D

Post edited by Sascha on

I am a Zettler

• Right - I wasn't counting on the magic! :smiley: