Zettelkasten Forum

Please allow me to introduce myself

Well, I am certainly not a man of wealth (at least not financially); and taste? Well, possibly yes: I have a high taste for curiosity :)

I have discovered zettelkasten(ing) a few weeks ago and it arrived at a perfect timing! I am reorganizing my whole “knowledge management” and my workflow. As a dad of two small kids, the primary caretaker of a house and a phd candidate during pandemic times (I don’t know what went through my head to pursue that route), I highly need some effectivity.

I have started my own zettelkasten and I am trying at the same time to understand how the zettelkasten system works and most importantly how to make it most effective for me. And let’s be honest, I am really torn between analog and digital and see benefits in both. I like the tactile and sensory aspect of the analog, and I like the effectiveness of the digital, plus I learn a lot on software and programmes (thanks to you Forum, markdown has come to my knowledge and I am learning how to use it).

Cheers!

Comments

• @oryal, welcome to the forum. Your life sounds hectic. Dad with two small kids, enough said.

A digital system that can print out the zettel sounds like what you are looking for.

I like how you said you "need some effectivity." Zettelkasting is a highly fulfilling activity.

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com

• Welcome aboard, @oryal! Yeah, your schedule indeed sounds demanding :) Keep us posted of the approach you try and don't hesitate to ask questions!

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• Welcome to the club, fam.

I don't wanna sound like a broken record, but here it goes anyways. Make sure to read the posts in the Getting Started section from the blog. You can find lots of answers to almost any question there. Otherwise, the forum is house to more answers and even elaborations. In either case, check out the primary sources consulted too.

• Willkommen.

I am a Zettler