Zettelkasten Forum

Live Zettelkasten Session on Sep 10th

Live Zettelkasten Session on Sep 10th

Tune in on 2021-09-10, 7 p.m. CEST, for episode 3

Read the full story here

Comments

• edited September 2021

If you aren't able to attend to the livestream you might post questions and comments here in advance. I try to remind myself to check this thread during the stream.

Anything goes (wishes, comments, questions, suggestions)

I am a Zettler

• @Sascha said:
    If you aren't able to attend to the livestream you might post questions and comments here in advance. I try to remind myself to check this thread during the stream.

7PM in Germany is already past midnight here, so I'll leave my structure note questions:

• What's difference between the Ü1 and Ü2 notes? Why do you place a number beside the Ü if all of them are just structure notes?
    • When to create structure notes? A few months ago I realized that all structure notes must have a purpose to avoid making just random compilations of notes, yet I don't know when is a good time to create structure notes "from the bottom up" — I mostly do them from the top-down, so I don't feel like I'm making something out of the connections from my individual notes. (So I guess the question is really: How do we make something out of the connections from our individual notes?)

Suggestions:

• Having a saved search for my important structure notes has helped me a lot so I can have "hotkey access" to them. Not everyone might know about it, so I think it's a good mention for the video for the structure notes you're continually developing. I learned this from your "book workflow" video
    • Another book processing series, perhaps?!? But now I'm getting ahead of myself :lol:

Thanks a lot — the videos are a breath of fresh air.

• edited September 2021

@Sascha said:

Thanks
    I already have two questions:

• why and when use double # for tags?
    • I realise that Sacha creates note [[UID + title]] and then link it with [[UID]] + title. I came to the idea that [[UID + title]] are for structure notes and [[UID]] for permanent notes. (Using just UID allow the link to work and to evolve the title later in time.) Can he elaborate on that?
      But then, I sometime use Obsidian and Logseq, and links with UID only don't work anymore when they point to UID + title notes as they do in the archive… Would this not be a case of software non agnosticism?

And a suggestion:

• Would it be possible for the streams to use Keycastr https://github.com/keycastr/keycastr so that shortcuts don't have to be discuss in the streams but can be accessible in the video for later understanding and leraning from the mæstro?

Many thanks, see you later

Edited by @ctietze to fix link

Post edited by ctietze on