Zettelkasten Forum

TOC Navigate Headers

edited March 12 in The Archive

I have created a five-minute video demo of a Keyboard Maestro macro of an idea stolen from Zettelr. It displays a TOC for the user to select and jump to the headers in a document. Some may find it useful. Some users will think it's shit.

I created this in a fit of procrastination. I was supposed to be writing my midterm critical essay for my uni class. Really I think it only provided 30 mins of relief. But I held back until spring break to release it to you. This new area of 'indirectional' play for me is Good and Bad Procrastination.

Five-minute YouTube tour
Warning, don't drink anything while watching this. You may snort any liquid in your mouth through your nose in a fit of explosive hysteria.

Keyboard Maestro macro - TOC Navigate Headers

Thanks, @ctietze, for your suggestions that made this macro more elegant.

Post edited by Will on

Will Simpson
I'm a zettelnant.
Research areas: Attention Horizon, Productive Procrastination, Dzogchen, Non-fiction Creative Writing
kestrelcreek.com

Comments

• Really clever. I mean: Really. Clever.

I am a Zettler

• edited March 12

I never would've thought of using the text search feature to get to the headings. This approach deserves much applause. This also makes it super simple to replicate with other apps like TextEdit even!

@Will I took the liberty to fix a typo in the YouTube URL so the video would display right away.

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• Wow. LOVE this. Thanks Will for sharing your work and taking the time to make the video. The macro works great!

• Nice video @Will , thank you.
    I'm still in doubt between Keyboard Maestro and Text Expander.
    I think that Keyboard Maestro doesn't have a mobile App, that is mandatory since I work a lot on my iPad and iPhone.

• Thank you again for your kind words. @IvanFerrero.
    Keyboard Maestro doesn't have a mobile app. If mobile is mandatory you'll have to skip it along with The Archive.
    Keyboard Maestro and Text Expander are not equivalent apps.

Will Simpson
    I'm a zettelnant.
    Research areas: Attention Horizon, Productive Procrastination, Dzogchen, Non-fiction Creative Writing
    kestrelcreek.com

• @Will said:
    Keyboard Maestro doesn't have a mobile app. If mobile is mandatory you'll have to skip it along with The Archive.
    Keyboard Maestro and Text Expander are not equivalent apps.

Agreed. Keyboard Maestro and Text Expander serve different purposes.
    I'll have a look at both.
    Thank you again!