Zettelkasten Forum

Colour Coding of Items in Note List

@ctietze - I'm not sure if you have seen this request before (maybe multiple times?), but it would be very helpful and convenient to be able to highlight different items in the note list with different colours. That way, while working on several notes, it would be simple to jump back and forth. I find this a better way (for me) to track what I am doing than by using multiple open tabs.

However, there is one improvement in multiple tabs that would partially offset my previous comment. That would be to have the name of the open note in each tab showing in the tab label (instead of "All Notes", which is what I see now).

Thanks for your consideration :>)

Comments

• Overhauling the tab labels is pretty high on my to-do list. With regards to making notes stand out, the notion of "pinning" notes was mentioned time and again and is an idea we'll be looking into. I'll add your suggestion as an alternative to our internal list of stuff to discuss!

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• @ctietze said:
    Overhauling the tab labels is pretty high on my to-do list. With regards to making notes stand out, the notion of "pinning" notes was mentioned time and again and is an idea we'll be looking into. I'll add your suggestion as an alternative to our internal list of stuff to discuss!

Thanks Christian! :>)

• Just another vote for tab label overhaul -- that would be super helpful when switching between multiple notes. I'm not exactly sure what algorithm of the tab labels follow right now, but they do not change as the tabs change.
    Thank you!!