Zettelkasten Forum

Help; suggest a word for a tag in notes that contain questions sent via email

I'm looking for a word to be used as a tag to classify questions (including the follow-up) I send via email. I store the conversations as notes because is useful to have the way other publishers an editors solve their problems.

Please give me your suggestions, thank you.

When I'm reading or studying printed books or magazines I often email the editors or designers with specific questions, for example; _what kind of paper stock did you use in xyz section? do you use a fulfillment warehouse for storing your magazines, if so how do you coordinate with them for shipping to customers? _

Comments

• My impulse would be to establish a #faq overview and link to these notes. Maybe I'd tag these #faq as well, not because they are about FAQs, but as a shortcut to find them easily and see them all in the search results. Then of course also add content tags like #paper or whatever :)

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• Three tags, #email #questions #followup.
    Why make it complicated?

Just say what it is so your future self doesn’t have to guess.

• I see the value that @ctietze and @MikeBraddock share in using a granular approach to help refine future searches. It sort of sounds like you are using your Zettelkasten as a contact/project management system?

I'd suggest using an easy to remember acronym for the like #eqf (email questions plus follow-up).

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com

• @Will @ctietze @MikeBraddock Thank you very much for your time, have a great weekend

• No guarantees your future self's memory will be a good as you today self.
    If you use acronyms, a good practice would be to define and document them somewhere.

I have had the experience on several occasions of going through and data-mining deceased friends hard drives for spouses and children to help them find their loved ones notes and writings.

Make it easy for yourself and others. It may be very important to someone other than your today's self someday.

• @MikeBraddock said:
    No guarantees your future self's memory will be a good as you today self.
    If you use acronyms, a good practice would be to define and document them somewhere.

I have had the experience on several occasions of going through and data-mining deceased friends hard drives for spouses and children to help them find their loved ones notes and writings.

Wise advice!!! In keeping with the philosophy of using plain text files for our ZK with the hope they will last for a long time, the contents of the files should probably also have the best chance of longevity.