Zettelkasten Forum

Supernotes - A Collaborative Zettelkasten System

Hello everyone! I often find myself reading through countless threads over here on Zettelkasten.de, especially surrounding new note-taking paradigms, so I thought I would share what my co-founder, Connor and I have been working on the past few years.

We have developed our own take on a collaborative Zettelkasten system called Supernotes. Unlike other note-taking tools, there are no documents or folders, everything is built around markdown (note) cards, which are themselves nestable, linkable and taggable. Each card is also shareable, using a unique four word code. So you can edit, like, comment and even add child cards with friends and colleagues in real-time.

We were fed up with clunky note-taking tools, so have built Supernotes to be really fast - with almost every process taking less than 100ms. A personal favourite feature of mine is that you can "just start typing" anywhere on the platform to create a new card, when an idea springs to mind and then organise it accordingly.

There are heaps of other features to discover, but instead of spamming you, I would love to hear what all of you think - here's the link to try it.

Comments

• I had a look, but was unable to sign up with my iPhone as the “sign up” button did nothing. Also, you cannot scroll on the signup page which means either you are using CSS or JavaScript to disable it. I suggest you not do that as it’s unnecessary and could be a barrier on some devices. You may want to look into that.

• Hi @pryley, thanks for checking out Supernotes. The signup button is only active once you have filled out all of the details and accepted our privacy & terms. I had a look into your scrolling issue, and it seems there was an overflow bug on small screens - just a pushed a fix! Try it out and see if it works on your end?

• Asks me to make an account, right off the bat I'm closing the site.

• It is a bit different. @trms would you have time to do one of your cool videos about this?

• Curious, why the four word code vs a time ID or Luhmanesque ID? (I've seen other sites do it, so there must be a logic I don't understand)

• @tobeagram said:
    Hello everyone! I often find myself reading through countless threads over here on Zettelkasten.de, especially surrounding new note-taking paradigms, so I thought I would share what my co-founder, Connor and I have been working on the past few years.

Is this the same Connor involved with Roam Research?

:wq

• @sbicknel Not quite! I'm the Connor in question. No relation, just a coincidence of names.

@Nick the share code system we use (four english words) is purely for sharing with other users in a secure (can't be guessed) way. The cards themselves are identified and linked using UUIDs. While these UUIDs are also unguessable, the idea is that they are not "secret" in any way. Additionally, four plain words is just generally pretty easy to communicate to someone else.

The next version of Supernotes (slated to be released in a week or so) will have the ability to add friends, so that rather than needing to give share codes for each card you want to share, you'll be able to just drag-and-drop cards onto your friends to instantly share them with each other.

• @acnebs oooo friends and shareable knowledge, you have me intrigued now lol.

• @Nick Yep, that's the goal! Those features are live now, so check them out. We're always trying to make it as easy as possible to share your cards with friends/family/pets/etc.