Zettelkasten Forum

How do you treat separate thoughts along similar lines.

I know this is pretty basic stuff, but I am curious about how others treat thoughts of similar ideas. Here are two quotes that I have extracted from books years apart.

"Reading and talking to others can give us insight and support, and it can offer valuable reflection on what's working and what's not; but only if we are doing the heavy lifting in the first place. That's because the brain learns through experiences."

"The athlete may read books and lessons on physical training all his life, but unless he begins to give out strength by actual work he will never receive any strength."

How would you handle these notes if they were in your Zettelkasten?

Citations are available upon request.

Comments

• Make a third note linking to them that describes their similarities and differences.

:wq

• @Steve625 said:
    I know this is pretty basic stuff, but I am curious about how others treat thoughts of similar ideas. Here are two quotes that I have extracted from books years apart.
    How would you handle these notes if they were in your Zettelkasten?

Citations are available upon request.

How about just write one note that states concisely and in your own words the concept that is common to both quotes? Provide an external link to the comments, if you wish, or just state at the end of the note from whence you got the ideas.