Share with us what is happening in your ZK this week. August 29, 2023
Swimming with Ideas
Another installment of the What Are You Working On? thread.
Add to this thread by telling us what is happening in and around your ZK journey. Join the community and enlighten us about your knowledge path trajectory. I do this for selfish reasons. It helps me clarify my goals and visualize my thinking. And sometimes, a conversation sparks an idea worth exploring.
Things I'm reading:
- Blum, Andrew. The weather machine: a journey inside the forecast. 2019.
- Solomon, Sheldon and Greenberg, Jeff and Pyszczynski, Thomas A.. The worm at the core: on the role of death in life. 2015.
- Wright, Dale Stuart. Philosophical meditations on Zen Buddhism. 1998.
- Donald, Merlin. A mind so rare: the evolution of human consciousness. 2002.
- Illich, Ivan. In the vineyard of the text: a commentary to Hugh's Didascalicon. 1993.
- I'm refining my Vocabulary Builder, which uses Keyboard Maestro/OpenAI ChatGPT
Things I'm writing about:
- I'm writing about the development of the reading brain from an anthropological-neuro-development angle. I am also outlining a historical fictional idea centered on the idea of reading's escape from something only the privileged classes knew about, which occurred in Catholic monasteries in the 1200s. It is hard to grasp that before the 1200s, hardly anybody read, whereas now almost everybody reads.
- How to develop the skill of conversationalism.
Music I'm listening to:
Ideas I'm thinking about:
- Creating a quick Backlink and Idea Graph demo for the ZK forums. I've been using this for a while. It answers the questions/complaints that The Archive doesn't automatically create backlinks or an idea graph.
- The weather.
The "My rolling ten-day zettel production" is produced by a script for attachment to my daily journaling template. I do my journaling in Bear to keep personal journaling separate from my knowledge work.
My rolling ten-day zettel production
I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!