Zettelkasten Forum

The Archive for ipad OS

Any roadmap for making The Archive available for iPasOS and maybe ios?

Its exactly what i am looking for but I do most note writing on ipad and sometimes reference it on iphone.

Comments

• For my wife and me it would be nice too. We’re using our ipads heavily.
    @ctietze , do you think it’s possible 🤔?

• Not for me alone, not in the foreseeable future :)

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• @jbryankelly @Volker

You may already be aware of this, but you can maintain a directory of ZK files quite nicely using 1Writer on your iPad. That is what I do.

I still use The Archive as my primary tool, as I do most of my writing on my computer, but I do frequently want to read and modify ZK files on my iPad and that is my tool of choice.

1Writer doesn't have some of the nice tools that The Archive does, but it does a reasonable job. When you combine The Archive with the Keyboard Maestro macros that @Will and others have contributed on this forum, working on your computer becomes even more powerful and it's hard to set that aside as your primary ZK tool.

• @GeoEng51

Thank you for the recommendations. I’m aware of this 3 party apps and the wonderful work @Will and others share in our forum.
    I don’t have any of this apps and I don’t want to use them to work with TA. I was hoping there will be an ipad version in the foreseeable future. Now that I know it will not happen I can see what to do.
    Thank you @ctietze for the clarification.

• Cietze.

You say “not for me alone”, what does it mean? Are you the developer?

• edited August 2022

@ctietze is the developer of The Archive (along with @Sascha ), and together they also moderate this web site and forum.

• @GeoEng51 thank you for the clarification.
    @ctietze what would it take to change the foreseeable future?

• @jbryankelly My current mission is to make The Archive for Mac a pleasant and rock solid experience, with all promised features of the Roadmap shipped, so it survives the 5 years or so of changes to the Mac without hiccups. I'm not even evaluating iPad development in all honesty before that. Takes away too much time since I'm the sole developer.

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• I am using IA Writer on my iPad and save the files in iCloud as .md. The Archive uses the same source file and it works very well.

1Writer is similar but IA Writer has a slicker interface. Both have WikiLink functionality which transfers very well