Zettelkasten Forum

The Archive version

edited May 2022 in The Archive

I'm running The Archive 1.7.5 on my Mac Studio, and if I check for update the program tell me that "The Archive 1.7.5 is currently the newest version available." But in the Release Notes I see listed the v1.7.7 (2022-03-16) version... why the check for update do not 'see' that and let me update?

Thanks!

Marco.

Comments

• edited May 2022

@mrcmrc said:
    I'm running The Archive 1.7.5 on my Mac Studio, and if I check for update the program tell me that "The Archive 1.7.5 is currently the newest version available." But in the Release Notes I see listed the v1.7.7 (2022-03-16) version... why the check for update do not 'see' that and let me update?

This is related to whether you have the option selected to run the most recent "stable" version or the most recent "cutting edge" version. This is selected in The Archive "Preferences" and then the "General" tab. You probably have selected the most recent stable version (1.7.5); I have selected the "cutting edge" option and that is now v1.7.7.

You can also select how often the program checks for updates - hourly, daily or weekly.

• @GeoEng51 said:

@mrcmrc said:

This is related to whether you have the option selected to run the most recent "stable" version or the most recent "cutting edge" version. This is selected in The Archive "Preferences" and then the "General" tab. You probably have selected the most recent stable version (1.7.5); I have selected the "cutting edge" option and that is now v1.7.7.

You can also select how often the program checks for updates - hourly, daily or weekly.

Thanks!

• I think it's safe to say v1.7.7 works reliably now, with image importing and all, so I'm putting this out on the download page and the regular update channels.

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• @ctietze said:
    I think it's safe to say v1.7.7 works reliably now, with image importing and all, so I'm putting this out on the download page and the regular update channels.

Great, thanks!