Zettelkasten Forum

Writing words and pictures

Hi,

I‘m a writer of comics, poetry and fiction and a lover of slip notes of old.

I mean, old enough to remember my fascination and happiness working on a P. I. M. in the mid-80s with the (ever missed) unique askSam database. This must have been the time when I first heard about Luhmann‘s Zettelkasten with awe.

I currently use nvALT and am eagerly waiting for nvUltra. I am experimenting with The Archive as the idea of a uid and links convinces me (besides the other principles).

I am experimenting with 1writer, editorial and (next) obsidian - as I just read on the nvUltra site that both apps will be usable simultaneously.

I have been reading this forum for a while now, and I hope to find a solution which will give me back this joyful feeling of beautiful code and lightning fast data entry/retrieval/surprise!

Glad to find people interested in these questions.

Inky (Germany)

Comments

• It's terrific to meet you. Welcome to the forums.

I've stopped waiting for nvUltra. I've found value in boring down on ideas and interconnecting them, helping to establish what neural pathways my poor abused brain can muster.

You've dated yourself with your reference to a P.I.M in the 80s. I remember being blown away the first time I asked Jeeves a question. I don't remember the response, but it must have been lame by today's standard. Before that, there was the university timeshare lab.

We'll see.

Will

Will Simpson
    I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com

• Thanks for the nvUltra advice. I didn‘t experience the time share lab era, the PC was born when I joined the bandwaggon. In the first computer course the teacher let us use her private pc after the lecture, so we‘d get practical experience.