Zettelkasten Forum

Hi all, happy to be here.

Hi all my name is Chris and im not new to PKM's or note taking but I am new to The Archive and the Zettelkasten method. I was cruising through the forum as it is one of my favorite ways to learn. I am having a problem with finding out how to view comments to a post. I am signed in and set up...is there something that I am missing??

Comments

• ERROR: Cannot engage. Post is not atomic. Initiating multi-atomicity protocol.

I'm running out of ways to welcome people. Welcome to forum, I guess? I hope that your stay is pleasant. :)

I'm no mod and I know nothing about the "behind the scenes" of this forum. @ctietze or @Sascha might be able to help you out.

• Welcome Chrisladd ! :)

@chrisladd said:
    I am having a problem with finding out how to view comments to a post. I am signed in and set up...is there something that I am missing??

What do you call "comment on a post" ? What do you try to do, how do you try to do it ? Because it is enough to click on a thread post to see every respond in the thread, maybe you talked about the website part of the site ?

@Annabella said:
    ERROR: Cannot engage. Post is not atomic. Initiating multi-atomicity protocol.

Oh no ! The atomicity protocol jutsu ! Run for your lives !

• @chrisladd said:
    Hi all my name is Chris and im not new to PKM's or note taking but I am new to The Archive and the Zettelkasten method. I was cruising through the forum as it is one of my favorite ways to learn. I am having a problem with finding out how to view comments to a post. I am signed in and set up...is there something that I am missing??

Hi Chris - welcome to the forum and the world of KZ. "May the ZK Force be with you" :smile:

As far as reading comments to a post, you should be able to easily see those. Going to the "home" page of the forum, you should see a list of recent posts, and if you click on any post, you should see all the comments that have been added and be able to add your own comments. If this is not working for you, then you may not even be seeing this answer. But hopefully @ctietze or @Sascha can help you out.

• Welcome @chrisladd!

To be honest, I don't understand what you mean when you write "see comments to a post", either. Like, the comments here? Or on the blog below the posts? Can you add screenshots maybe of where you're looking and what you expect to be there?

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• @Loni said:
    Oh no ! The atomicity protocol jutsu ! Run for your lives !

Joke detected. Ha. Ha. Ha.

• @GeoEng51 said:

@chrisladd said:

Hi Chris - welcome to the forum and the world of KZ. "May the ZK Force be with you" :smile:

As far as reading comments to a post, you should be able to easily see those. Going to the "home" page of the forum, you should see a list of recent posts, and if you click on any post, you should see all the comments that have been added and be able to add your own comments. If this is not working for you, then you may not even be seeing this answer. But hopefully @ctietze or @Sascha can help you out.

When I view the home page of the forum I do see the list of recent posts. When I click on any post I see the OC of the post but nothing else. When I look at the listing back on the main page of the forum I can see that a post has x number of comments but when I click on the post to enter I only see the post and no comments.

I keep thinking I am crazy!

In regards to this post...I am able to see the comments by following the link in the email notification.

I am running Safari on latest Release. I am very familiar with Discord, Slack, Discourse, and other forums...which is why this has been such a head scratcher.

• Update Disappearing Comments

After much testing I can confirm that the reason I cannot see comments is due to running One Blocker. I have not had an issue with one blocker on any other forum website, however for some reason when it is on I am unable to see any comments on this forum. Maybe this is useful information to the devs as I know lots of people run some type of anti-tracking firewall software.

Ref 1Blocker: https://1blocker.com

• Thanks for the info! Reached out to the devs

• Update: the 1Blocker folks added an exception to forum comments like these and this should ship in a couple of days.

• @ctietze said:
    Update: the 1Blocker folks added an exception to forum comments like these and this should ship in a couple of days.

That is great! It’s great when the internet works together!

• I've been bitten by the 1Blocker Safari worm on my iPad also. Restarting Safari seemed to help.

GitHub. Erdős #2. CC BY-SA 4.0. Problems worthy of attack / prove their worth by hitting back. -- Piet Hein. Armchair theorists unite, you have nothing to lose but your meetings! --Phil Edwards

• @chrisladd Just to follow-up, 1Blocker by now should've updated itself to work with the forum. Can you confirm?