Zettelkasten Forum

[Question] note selection behaviour: search vs. link

I noticed, that the note that automatically gets selected after search and after clicking links differs. If I click on a link, a different note gets selected and I do not understand why.

As far as I understood, clicking on a link just triggers a search. What am I missing? 🙈

Comments

• Thanks for bringing this up! It's a bit hard to figure out what the end of a looping GIF is, so do I interpret the capture correctly? -- You're searching for Analogie by typing in the end, and the Analogie - Arten note remains selected in the results to the left, but the Analogie note is displayed in the editor once you delete the suggestion in the search field?

If that's the case, please send me the log file for the day via email from the help menu after you perform this, so I can check how this selection is processed wrongly.

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• edited March 2022

You're searching for Analogie by typing in the end, and the Analogie - Arten note remains selected in the results to the left, but the Analogie note is displayed in the editor once you delete the suggestion in the search field?

Yes. But I also wonder why The Archive selects the note named Analogie - Arten, when I click on a link that only spells Analogie.

If that's the case, please send me the log file for the day via email from the help menu after you perform this, so I can check how this selection is processed wrongly.

Ok. I repeated this today and send the file. So it should only contain the described behaviour.

• @runit The Archive automatically displays the 'best match' -- depending on your sort order, that's the topmost file that starts with the exact search phrase.

If these are the results, the 2nd entry will be auto-selected for "Banana" even though 0 Banana is ordered first.

0 Banana
    Banana
    Z Banana

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• @ctietze

The Archive automatically displays the 'best match' (...)

But the 'best match' in my case would be the note named Analogie then, right? Because this is the exact name of the link. I also noticed, that when I click on the link named Analogie, in the omnibar the searchterm Analogie - Arten appears not as I expected Analogie.