Zettelkasten Forum

My Productivity System with The Archive [Video]

I :heart: The Archive. Here's how I use it not only for Zettelkasten but for my day-to-day productivity and life management.

Comments

• @joegilder Hey - thanks for doing that video - very informative. It sounds like my workflow is very similar, except I use both The Archive and NotePlan 3. Definitely shows the flexibility of the ZK system for managing not just our ideas but also our day to day lives.

• Hi. Great video! I am still getting my head around the app, and I'm getting the impression that it's one of those apps that is very simple on the surface, but is deceptively powerful...the magic comes from how you use it.
    Probably a dumb question, but when you create a new note using the Quick Entry shortcut, how do you get it to default the '#inbox' text in the new note? I can't see it in the preferences?
    All the best.

• @pete66 said:
    Probably a dumb question, but when you create a new note using the Quick Entry shortcut, how do you get it to default the '#inbox' text in the new note? I can't see it in the preferences?

Through this forum I discovered Keyboard Maestro. It's magical. That's what I used for the Quick Entry. I just created a macro in KM that triggers from the same key command that opens the quick entry dialogue, and it types that tag for me.

• Thanks for the explanation Joe. Will have to look into Keyboard Maestro.