Zettelkasten Forum

Any open source markdown editor with LaTeX support?

Hi everyone, I'm currently using Typora and I really like the LaTeX support and I can generate good looking LaTeX documents when I export what I wrote to that format.

In the future I plan to go full org-mode, but in the meantime while I keep learning about emacs and org-mode I want an alternative that is open source, gives me the feature to export in LaTeX, PDF or HTML, has markdown and is minimalist to avoid being distracted buy annoying buttons and other stuff.

Thank you!

Comments

• You might try Zettlr.
    It supports several different export formats and can be used with Linux, Mac or Windows.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Greetings
    Maria

Ich bin ein Westfale, und zwar ein Stockwestfale, nämlich ein Münsterländer – Gott sei Dank! füge ich hinzu...

• @msel said:
    You might try Zettlr.
    It supports several different export formats and can be used with Linux, Mac or Windows.

Thank you!

• Which operating system?

TextMate is still great for macOS. Notepad++ is slightly less great for MD/LaTeX on Windows :)

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• edited March 2021

@ctietze said:
    Which operating system?

TextMate is still great for macOS. Notepad++ is slightly less great for MD/LaTeX on Windows :)

Hi ctietze! How you doing? I use MacOS, I will try Text Mate! Didn't know it had support for LaTeX which I really need for math formulas. By the way, I recently bought your book about writing, when I get the time I'll give it a shot as I want to open a blog about veterinary epidemiology in my country.