Zettelkasten Forum

[REQUEST] Take screenshot capability

edited February 2021 in The Archive

Hi,
I'm testing The Archive app right now and I like it a lot!
I have discovered the "Capture Image..." function. What I find that would be super helpful is the ability to take a screenshot of the screen. I would need that almost daily in my work. Optimally we could also use the already existing "Generate Zettel ID" (command + U) function when saving the image as a part of the file name.

Post edited by ctietze on

Comments

• @user0815 said:
    Hi,
    I'm testing The Archive app right now and I like it a lot!
    I have discovered the "Capture Image..." function. What I find that would be super helpful is the ability to take a screenshot of the screen.

Can't you capture a screenshot the "normal" way (in Windows or the Mac OS) and then use that?

What do you mean "when saving the image as part of the file name"?

• Can't you capture a screenshot the "normal" way (in Windows or the Mac OS) and then use that?

I could, but that would also apply to the already existing "capture image" feature, I can also take a photo with my webcam the "normal" way and then use it. An integrated "take screenshot" would just make the workflow faster and easier.

What do you mean "when saving the image as part of the file name"?

When I currently capture an image I have to enter a filename afterwards, here it would be cool to be able to use Command + U to generate an ID for the filename:

So for example like this:

• @user0815 A lot of people build extra capability onto The Archive using Keyboard Maestro or Alfred. There is an extensive "library" of KM capabilities discussed in this forum - you might want to check those out to search on these and see if there already exists a macro with the capabilities for which you are looking.

• @user0815 Thanks writing the request! Noted. We have a couple of capturing ideas for the future, but no promises what will appear in The Archive v1 or when :)

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/