Confused about Note Creation in The Archive
I'm brand new and I picked up on a few things from reading the intro that have made The Archive hard for me to understand.
- Notes should be named & linked by their unique ID.
- Notes should be titled but links shouldn't depend on the titles as they could and should change as we refine our ideas. Wiki's are given as a specific example of not a good tool for ZK.
Here's where The Archive is confusing me.
- The sample note has a unique ID and a title suggesting this is the way to do things
- When creating a link to a note it uses the full title, ID and text combined. Changing the title of a note later on breaks incoming links (like a wiki)
- The notes list doesn't preview the title text, suggesting I should repeat that text in the note filename
- Creating a new note from the omnibar doesn't generate a unique ID at all, which seems odd
Given all these observations, I'm unsure of the best way to use The Archive. I feel like I shouldn't rename my notes to include a title as it could mean lots of broken links in the future. But if I don't add the title it makes the note list harder to work with, both in full and as search results. I started to rename in-text titles only for structure notes, but it doesn't feel right.
What's the best practice for naming notes in The Archive?
Thanks for your help!