Confused about Note Creation in The Archive
I'm brand new and I picked up on a few things from reading the intro that have made The Archive hard for me to understand.
- Notes should be named & linked by their unique ID.
- Notes should be titled but links shouldn't depend on the titles as they could and should change as we refine our ideas. Wiki's are given as a specific example of not a good tool for ZK.
Here's where The Archive is confusing me.
- The sample note has a unique ID and a title suggesting this is the way to do things
- When creating a link to a note it uses the full title, ID and text combined. Changing the title of a note later on breaks incoming links (like a wiki)
- The notes list doesn't preview the title text, suggesting I should repeat that text in the note filename
- Creating a new note from the omnibar doesn't generate a unique ID at all, which seems odd
Given all these observations, I'm unsure of the best way to use The Archive. I feel like I shouldn't rename my notes to include a title as it could mean lots of broken links in the future. But if I don't add the title it makes the note list harder to work with, both in full and as search results. I started to rename in-text titles only for structure notes, but it doesn't feel right.
What's the best practice for naming notes in The Archive?
Thanks for your help!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!