Zettelkasten Forum


edited February 6 in The Archive

What is this type of notation called? What is the syntax used for The Archive? Is this style of notation application based or operating system based? Does this require some type of API?

Curious minds what to know.

Will Simpson


  • edited February 6

    It's called a custom URL scheme, and it's baked into macOS. There are various ways that these are handled in other systems as well. Just google for it and you'll find a bunch of resources.

  • edited February 7

    @galen Thanks so much. Just knowing what a thing is called makes all the difference. Knowing this is called "URL scheme" lead me straight away to @kaidoh's post creating a Keyboard Maestro macro for creating these custom URL scheme links for links into The Archive. Just what I was looking for.
    Oh, the sacrilege. Now I can refer to a Zettel from Evernote.

    Will Simpson

Sign In or Register to comment.