Zettelkasten Forum


Axiom - offline visual note-taking app

Hello everyone,

I've been creating a note-taking app tailored to my particular needs, and thought, why not share it with everyone?

It's a minimalistic, offline, markdown-based, visual-canvas-style app with Excalidraw features.

I'm a right-brainer who gets confused when trying to linearize things. So the app is for working with several notes simultaneously, including Excalidraw drawings. Another thing I tried to do was nudge toward a writing-first, organizing-later approach. You can create notes by selecting a part of the text.

Note that I'm not a software developer myself; I know a little about coding and made the whole thing with Cursor. So the code is not perfect. Feel free to make it better. I won't say no to a professional look.

One thing I couldn't resolve is that I use .excalidraw as the file extension, but Obsidian uses .excalidraw.md. I think the primary use case is to use it alongside Obsidian, but it isn't possible with Excalidraw for now.

See the release: https://github.com/guldselendal/axiom/releases/tag/release

Selen

Comments

  • Congratulations on having your own app! It looks great.

    I don't know Typescript/Javascript myself, so I can't help you with it, but I hope you make a lot of progress with it.

  • Cool, I love that LLM's enabled you to accomplish this. 2026 will be very interesting in that regard, empowering tech-savvy users to write their own bespoke tools -- like the computers we were meant to be having :) i

    Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

  • @wjenkins81 said:
    Congratulations on having your own app! It looks great.

    I don't know Typescript/Javascript myself, so I can't help you with it, but I hope you make a lot of progress with it.

    Thank you for your kind wishes!

    @ctietze said:
    Cool, I love that LLM's enabled you to accomplish this. 2026 will be very interesting in that regard, empowering tech-savvy users to write their own bespoke tools -- like the computers we were meant to be having :)

    I know, right? I only know about the incremental mindset of software development and a bit OOP. That's it. All the rest is Cursor.

    Selen

Sign In or Register to comment.