Zettelkasten Forum

Title instead of ID in Sublimeless Zettelkasten

TL;DR
Is it possible that Sublimeless Zettelkasten works with the file title (words) and not exclusively with the note ID?

Hello everyone!

This is my first post on the forum and I think it is due, as I have not been able to find an answer.

This current college year I started doing my zk on Obsidian and so far it's been wonderful!
The problem is that I don't feel comfortable using Obsidian having so many other independent projects to support....
So I started testing Qownnotes and The Archive.
Both are missing many features that Obsidian made me dependent on (autocomplete wiki-link, backlinks, fuzzy-search...). While they might have them, they are missing others, or they work differently than how I have become used to using them.

I know that each app is different and that it's better for me to adapt to those apps instead of looking for one that is perfect for my needs.
However I kept looking xd

Yesterday I found Sublimeless Zettelkasten by @rene. It really meets all my needs, it's amazing!
So I thank Rene for all his effort, it's a great app.

However I have never used IDs for my notes, but used the title directly; so all the links in my notes are like this: [[note-title]]. I know that Sublimeless ZK works with IDs so I added to all my notes an ID before the file name according to their creation date so that I could see them in the application.

The problem is in the links inside the notes (those I don't plan to change because they are exaggeratedly too many xd).

I already read the README on GitHub of the application, but I understand little or almost no code, so my question is:
Is it possible that Sublimeless Zettelkasten works with the file title (words) and not exclusively with the note ID?

An apology if the question is very naive but I really loved Rene's app and would love to use it as soon as possible with my existing notes.

Best regards and thanks for reading,

Antonio :)

Comments

• Welcome!

I'm afraid @rene abandoned the project with no changes in 6 years. Good luck on your journey modifying the code -- it's definitely possible, technically, since it's software; but if it's feasible emotionally, I don't know :)

If in doubt, it may be better to move on.

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• Oh...
    hahah well it was a great app :(