Zettelkasten Forum

BUG REPORT: Move Line/Selection Up or Down

This action works but does not move the field of view when the line/selection reaches the screen's edge. This is a problem with the font size large enough for a visually impaired person to see the text. Typewriter mode makes no difference.

Will Simpson
My zettelkasten is for my ideas, not the ideas of others. I will try to remember this. I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon, I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
kestrelcreek.com

Comments

• Thanks for the report!

I was able to reproduce this, but only without typewriter mode. With typewriter mode turned on, the down-moving line stays in focus all of the time. 🤔 Can you share a file and tell which line you moved down until this happens with typewriter mode?

Next update will contain a fix for the trypewriter-mode-less behavior 👍

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/

• On closer inspection, I see that when in typewriter mode, the line being moved stays in the center of the window when being moved down. This is how I'd expect this to work, and it does. I'd expect this to work even if not in typewriter mode. The problem is when moving up! In typewriter mode, the line being moved quickly reaches the top of the window and disappears.

I hope this is more clear. I should have been more vigilant in my testing and more precise in my explanation.

Will Simpson
    My zettelkasten is for my ideas, not the ideas of others. I will try to remember this. I must keep doing my best even though I'm a failure. My peak cognition is behind me. One day soon, I will read my last book, write my last note, eat my last meal, and kiss my sweetie for the last time.
    kestrelcreek.com

• Thanks for checking again! Then we've seen the same behavior and a fix is underway. (I'm currently test-driving the upcoming update in my Zettelkasten, should go live later this week)

Author at Zettelkasten.de • https://christiantietze.de/